Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Another brown bear

Grizzlies ARE brown bears, which I hadn't realized, until today when I started looking up information on brown bears. ”brown

A subspecies of brown bear is the Kodiak. The other day I thought I was starting with the largest bear, when I talked about the polar bear, but a website I came across today said the Kodiak is the largest. (So, I never said I was an expert!) A Kodiak bear on its hind legs can be over 10 feet tall! They're 5 feet when on all fours. Yikes! I’m only 5’ 4” . . .

Kodiak bears are omnivores, who actually spend more time eating grass, plants and berries than meat and fish. Speaking of fish, here’s one of my favorite “bear” videos.


Jungle Jane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Liked your Blog!!!

Visit my blog:

www.xdicas.blogspot.com